Adding any technology tools, videos, wikis, blogs, and podcasts enhances student learning! These are the 21st Century tools of Education!
The Department of Education, Western Australia, has a wonderful page full of information and help about:
- how to create a podcast,
- the educational value of podcasts,
- where to go to get educational podcasts,
- how to get started,
- where to host it for free, and,
- more importantly examples of how teachers are using them in the classroom.
Worth a good read!
Two other outstanding websites are:
- University & College Podcasts - Free Educational Podcasts: This website contains links to the podcasts of lectures of numerous Universities around the world from Harvard to Oxford, to Stanford to UCLA.
- Podcast Directory: This is a huge directory of Podcasts that can be used within the Classroom! This site allows you to Add a Podcast, Remove a Podcast, and, Search for Podcast by country or topic. Teachers would need to use this directory themselves as there is inappropriate categories listed.
All WebQuests can use Podcasts within their Resources area. As teachers, you can create your own podcast, host it on a free website, and then link to it within a WebQuest. This allows students to listen to the information on their MP3 players at their leisure. Great for students with enhanced Audio intelligence.